Saturday, April 06, 2013

Village of Millbrook


A new J.McLaughlin shop shall be opening in the village of Millbrook, NY on Franklin Avenue.
Millbrook is located in Dutchess County which is considered to be a low key version of the Hamptons in the country.  It is only about an hour and thirty minutes from Manhattan but feels much farther away as the village and the area is pure country nestled alongside the Hudson River.  While capturing this shop, I tried to put myself on that corner of Franklin, out for a stroll to the village of Millbrook, NY.  The sunny yellow awnings smiled at me and welcomed me inside.

  It's time for some happy color. Mix it up with plaids and fresh florals.
Have you shopped for Spring?

pve design for J.McLaughlin

11 comments:

Linda {Calling it Home} said...

I think I need to go explore this village.

pve design said...

Linda,
Yes you do! I know you will find goodies galore.
pve

Patty Day @Pattys Epiphanies said...

I only wish I still lived in Garden City! I would take a day drive up in a heart beat!
Looks like a wonderful, charming place!
BTW...went shopping with a friend and I actually bought a print pair of crops in spring blues and white! I'm ready!

pve design said...

Patty,
If you still lived in Garden City, we could certainly meet there. It is a beautiful village - and Rhinebeck is also a nearby town I love.
pve

Leslie said...

I would love to take a weekend stroll through the Garden City.. I've done a little bit of spring wardrobe shopping but the weather is still chilly so I'm still in layers. I like all the new floral, colorful denim that's out now!

leslie

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Your work is OUTSTANDING! I was referred to you by Purple Flowers for whom you did some drawings. I draw too, but not like this!

Many wishes for an inspiring spring! Anita

Karen at Home Sweet Hollywood said...

Sounds like a charming place. And yet another beautiful piece of art :)

Dovecote Decor said...

Hello PVE!! You know I am a fan of both J. McLauglin and Millbrook. I visit whenever I can score an invitation, but have never ventured into the town. Next time I will drag my cousin from her country pursuits into the village. Hope your holidays were great.
Best,
Liz

BRASWELL said...

I am familiar with Millbrook and now with the shop. Love your rendering of it! xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

Acquired Objects said...

Why is it I never noticed how much pen and ink work you do? It's wonderful! I just bought an orange sweater for the spring time for some color!

XXX
Debra~

Unknown said...

I love Millbrook. We find ourselves in Dutchess County a lot visiting relatives. It is such a fun place to explore!