Monday, February 04, 2013

monday motivation - le menu

 There is something so inspiring and motivating to me about dining out and perusing the menu.  My taste buds immediately start to salivate of the combinations of flavors and textures.  I love a simple menu and decided to do a weekly menu for my family.
I began by collecting a list of favorite dishes that my family loves.
Then I gathered some menus from local spots we love and began creating my menu and shopping list.
Bingo.  My intent to design, create and inspire and artful life suddenly elevated our meal time to an art form.

 I tend to think of food seasonally so I have created a winter menu for our family.  
Comfort foods, chicken pot pie, mac n cheese, braised beef shanks, ragu's, pastas and plenty of fresh salads adorned with fruit, nuts and home made vinaigrette.
 Here's one that I found on line, you can certainly create your own list that works for you.
 Simplified Bee had posted these which can be ordered here at Whitney English.

 Start by gathering the freshest ingredients.  Clean your kitchen before you begin and enjoy yourself as you cook.  It is remarkable how much more inspiring meal time can be and how much one can save if you have everything to start with.

10 comments:

Purple Flowers said...

The home menu is a great idea. My husband and I decide on a Saturday or Sunday what kind of dinner menus we would like for the week. Then we add the ingredients to our shopping list. It is a typical way of doing it. I learned that from my Home Economics Teacher in 8th, and never let it go. Thanks Mrs. Barton.

Acquired Objects said...

What a great idea and would work beautifully for people who work a regular job. I usually go on the fly as to what to prepare and it can be a bit stressful. So I'm going to give this idea a try to see how well it will work for me. Thank you Patricia for the great idea!

Enjoy your day!
XXX
Debra~

pve design said...

Kathleen,
How lovely that you and your dear husband create your dinner menu on the weekend. I bet Mrs. Barton would be delighted to know that her teaching inspired you so.
pve

Debra,
Yes, do give it a try, it does add pleasure and reduce the stress of "what's there to eat?"
so far....I roasted a chicken, made pork cutlets with savoy cabbage, cooked and grated beets, going to make chili wednesday. It gives me great comfort to know I have fresh salads, spinach and pineapple too to enjoy.
pve

BRASWELL said...

Love to cook + This was so good! xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

Unknown said...

This is such an inspiring idea, Patricia!! And your menus sound winter-perfect!

Off to the grocery for some fresh ingredients!
xoxo Elizabeth

Jennifer said...

This is a terrific idea. I adore cooking and planning meals. I've just not written it down like this. I have a friend who writes her menu every morning!

labergerebasque said...

Freshest ingredients from trusted sources…support your local farmer(s) :)

The Buzz Blog said...

We always have a weekly menu before we do the grocery shopping and ours if filled with hearty soups and fresh veggies this week!
xxoo
C + C

SnackQueen15 said...

I am coming to your house for dinner every night : ) I have meal planned for as long as I have been married -can't cook without knowing what I am cooking for the week.

pve design said...

Thanks to each of you for your kind comments.
I made chili this morning and an old friend aka "cheerleader" came and we had such a nice time with one another!
Dinner is roast chicken, fresh salad, spinach....
I love having warm food when it's cold and snowy!
pve