Sunday, December 30, 2012

sunday sparkle


 Snowflakes have a way of inspiring sparkle.  I found this sweet snowflake added to a place card.
While skiing, I stopped to admire all the snow laden branches.  They look like lace.
This has been the scene for a few days in a row, lots of sparkly snow coming down.
Perfect for skiing and for preparing hearty cozy stews.
I have this hearty stew simmering on the stove to bring to the ski mountain for our Sunday lunch. All you need are onions, garlic, parsnips, chopped veggies, potatoes, water and I used some leftover roast beef.  Season, simmer, and then serve with some crusty bread.
Skiing certainly creates an appetite for warmth.

Hope everyone is enjoying a sparkly Sunday today.


4 comments:

Karena said...

Patricia your winter stew looks delish! My skiing days are over; however all of the scenery is beautiful! Love the snowflake pin!


Wishing you all the best in 2013
xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

We have had very little snow in Chicago, but I am still enjoying making a stew today.

Fondly,
Glenda

Formerly known as Frau said...

Yum! I can almost smell the stew! Happy New Years to you all!

LindsB said...

mmmm i can taste that soup right now- it is delish!!!