Wednesday, September 12, 2012

nearly there

finished "nearly there" just a moment ago.
It has been a busy few weeks and I keep telling myself that I am almost there.  Getting back into a good routine after summer always takes a little adjusting to.  I long for it and then when the day arrives, I honestly do not know where to start.   After walking around in circles and half finishing things, I take pleasure in knowing that part of the journey is not arriving but the joy of getting there.  That said, I plod onward, paintbrush in hand.

This house commission is nearly there.  I still have to water color the shrubs to the left, add color to the trees and to the house.  I thought I would share something that is almost finished. With each commission, I start, I give thanks to each of you for keeping me busy and always trying a new route while getting a little lost in my work in the midst of the daily routine of life.  I completed this one today.
It feels good to finish something.

13 comments:

Reggie Darling said...

What a sweet house, and such a pretty painting of it. Thanks for letting us see this in process. Reggie

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
I Dream Of said...

The house looks so inviting and sweet! I've been thinking a lot about the routine, process and the joy of getting there...how wonderful to be able to get lost in your work along the way.
Hope you have a routinely lovely day! XO

Unknown said...

Another stunning pve!!!! What a beautiful home. I love those rounded awnings like the one over the front door.

This will make someone very happy!!!
xoxo Elizabeth

The Buzz Blog said...

Love hearing about the process and the journey, PVE! We thought that now that the boys are back in school we'd have more time but it just doesn't seem so...
xxoo
C + C

A Daughter of the King said...

I love your painting! I feel as if I am there!

Formerly known as Frau said...

So pretty....yup I think I will be there by next week! haha I need a few extra days!

The Snowdrop Project said...

A great post, and a great painting of a pretty house.
Thanks for letting us see the work in progress.
Have a lovely day,
Lizx

Anonymous said...

So beautiful! The transition to fall is always bittersweet, but I welcome the cooler weather and the adventures that come with it. I know you will feel similarly inspired!

quintessence said...

So charming as are all of your beautiful house portraits!

pve design said...

Thanks John for your kind words. I love Autumn.
I am looking forward to cooler weather too.
pve

Stacey,
Thank-you so much for your kind comments.
I really would love to illustrate a book and have you write it....
pve

carlee {deliciously organized} said...

Such a cute house. They will cherish this painting forever.

Someday...when I move into a house, I'm hoping it's as pretty as this one so you can paint it for me ;)

Unknown said...

Hi.,I love this house it just amazing and i want to know about this routine.Will please explain me???

tie guan yin