Thursday, December 15, 2011

look out

Inspiration arrives in many ways if one looks out for it.  This past year for me has been a game of waiting and watching due to our renovation.  Like a child, the excitement has been overwhelming.
Every day feels like Christmas, waiting for boxes or items to be delivered has been so much fun.
The entire process has been incredibly transformative.  Just yesterday, I found the artwork of Finnish artist Helene Schjerfbeck and am in complete and utter awe of her work.  Like watching out a window, one can gaze forever and always see nuances and changes. When my children were small, I used to love watching them look out a window.  Waiting, watching, looking out for something special.
Ya better watch out.....Santa Claus is coming to town!

7 comments:

Acquired Objects said...

This painting is so beautiful, love this post.

I Dream Of said...

What a wonderful artist to stumble upon! I love the idea of watching and waiting expectantly for the beauty the world can bring every day. A beautiful thought to start the day!

24 Corners said...

Helene's artwork is beautiful...so soft and serene, yet filled with so much. I could stare at that first image for hours.
Thank heavens for the exciting and fun parts of renovating & buiding...it truly helps in balancing out the stressful parts.
xo J~

Formerly known as Frau said...

Wonderful paintings.....
Hope your weekend is just as wonderful!

designchic said...

I'm so in love with these images...fabulous!!

annechovie said...

Love Helene's delicate work, Patricia! Have a wonderful wknd. xx

Millie said...

This has made my day Patricia, just stunning!
Millie xx