Tuesday, January 26, 2010

couples on safari

Couples who travel or look at life as a "journey" inspire me. The above couple came to me to illustrate a keepsake work of art last year from a recent safari. They wanted to use the artwork for their holiday card.
This was actually the first illustration that I did, take note that it has no hat, which one do you like better? Hat or no hat?Looking back, the couple will have these to remember their journey. I must admit, I loved adding the wildlife and totally lost myself in the border.
Back to couples, I think the art of travel and the spirit of a journey are what keep things interesting. After all it is not everyday that the mode of transportation would be that of an elephant.

I am accepting commissions of couples. Valentines day is coming up soon! Contact me via my contact on my site to place a custom "couples" order.

11 comments:

Debra said...

What a fantastic idea for the day full-of-love. These are a great keepsake of a special trip of a lifetime. I'm off to bid farewell to my 'better half'.

Southern Aspirations said...

Great idea- fun Christmas card!! Love the animals in the background!

Emily said...

Love the border and animals in the background. Great job pve!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Gorgeous....you did a wonderful job! The boarder is brilliant!

Ina in Alaska said...

Wonderful artful depiction... my favorite hat is in the top drawing. xoxo

Kwana said...

Wow! Just gorgeous.

pve design said...

Ina,
I too loved the top drawing.
The norm is to do 3 illustrations and let the client choose.
Hope you are staying warm.
pve

the NEO-traditionalist said...

What beautiful pictures you've painted! I have always wanted to go on a safari. Oh and I have a post ready for tomorrow full of images of Jackie in India and Pakistan---it must be fate!

Ms. Bright said...

The first is my favorite, but the border on the last is-oh wow!

Life is indeed a journey!

Karena said...

Very nice Patricia!! A work for them to cherish always!

Sandra said...

You are amazing. Period.