Wednesday, May 14, 2008

two by two



As a mother of twins, I have a special place in my heart for twins. When babies are en route, friends often think of me to hand paint personalized gift items.  I painted these stools prior to the arrival of twin boys for a friend, also a mother of twins. 

There are two types of people, one who gives me a clear idea of what they want and the other who just gives me creative license to paint what ever I see.  The only word given to me was "not traditional" and so I had great fun painting these stools with a nod to the mod.

Here's the stool for Henry.  I adore the name Henry!
The one below is for Elliot, another wonderful name!
Welcome to the world and may you always step two by two!

17 comments:

ALL THE BEST said...

Sooooo sweet!

pve design said...

Ronda,
Thank-you!
Patricia

Kwana said...

How cute are these? Lucky boys!

Emily said...

These are darling. I love the creative license!

London Calling said...

Adorable!

ArchitectDesign™ said...

Those are just brilliant! I love the striped top and polka dotted sides one! beautiful colors :-) I had a stool as a child too to reach the bathroom sink but it was not nearly as nice as this; it had mickey mouse on it! lol

littlebyrd said...

These are wonderful! I also love the name Henry. It's my little Olivers middle name.

Melissa Lewis said...

Patricia, these are absolutely fabulous. The colors you used are great! You could sell these!!!!! Are you?????? You should!!!!!!!

meg said...

i agree. you should sell these.

Mrs.French said...

So, so sweet.

Marie Louise said...

How great are those! They'll come in handy when they are learning to brush their own teeth.

adesignaffair said...

I love how you packaged these.

simply seleta said...

LOVE THESE!!!

Paul Pincus said...

henry is great name!

truly incredible work! i wish i had one...they're perfect.

my puppies, gryffin barnaby and granger wish they were twin boys instead of twin pups ; )

Courtney said...

these are just perfect! I love that they are modern but still really warm, fun and whimsical. I also love that they are not identical but still go together. Love it!

Unknown said...

Those darling stools caught my eye--- first because they are so colorful. Secondly, because, in my house brother #1 has the middle name of Elliott. And brother #2 is Henry. (followed by #3 who is Wills and sister #1 who is Grace.).

SO love your descriptions about those traditional and useful names.

love your work.

K. said...

I like twins too...cause I am one: http://flickr.com/photos/77325041@N00/2411982264/