Monday, May 12, 2008

bill of gates

Listen up people, I am not talking about Bill Gates, but at $22,500 these would be perfect for him.  A lucky find over at Vol.1.   Says that they are from the 1960's and in good condition.  I am from the 60's and in good condition too.

















If I were a bird, that nest certainly looks like the perfect spot to lay an egg or put apples.  
Wonder what the house looked like that went with these gates, it must have been some love nest.  What a grand entrance these pearly gates would make for me.

14 comments:

Kwana said...

Those are wild. What imagination went into them.

My Notting Hill said...

Very cool. Love your line about I'm from the 60's and in good condition too

ArchitectDesign™ said...

wow - those are amazing!!

Melissa Lewis said...

Haha, love your comments about this. That is such an artistic gate. The closest thing we have to an artistic gate like that here in Memphis is at Graceland:)

Mrs.French said...

Amazing! Not so sure it would go with the picket fence though.

Robin said...

These are stunning, I am always amazed at the talent of artisans who can take something hard like metal and give it softness and fluidity.

annechovie said...

Wow, Patricia, these are really something!

littlebyrd said...

Totally cool gate. Love your humor too!

ArchitectDesign™ said...

on second thought -these gates would be fantastic at a beach house -like out on cape cod! I'm working on a house now in nantucket and they would fit right in!

Tara said...

Wow! They look a little Edward Scissorhands to me--I likey!

kari and kijsa said...

These are fabulous!! Some glorious estate in Palm Beach needs these (or if someone gifts us a glorious estate in Palm Beach, we will use them!!)
Hope you had a lovely Mother's day!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

London Calling said...

Such talent and skill.

SimplyGrove said...

Wow, very cool!

Elizabeth said...

How I wish I had something like that for my fireplace!